In certain circumstances when the Software is not functioning properly on your iPad, you will need to perform a restore of the software on the device. To do so, you will need a computer with the most current version of iTunes installed on the computer. We definitely suggest taking care of this when you won't need the device for a couple of hours.
Before performing the Restore, there are a handful of steps to ensure that all of your data is saved. Mainly Photos and Notability. (Side note: If this is the first time backing up your device it can take a while for it to do so).
Photos can be saved in either iCloud Photos or Google Photos.
- iCloud Photos: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photos and see if that is turned on/Green
- Google Photos: Open the Google Photos App > Tap the three bars on the top left corner > Go to Settings > Back up & sync and see if that is turned on/Blue
Notability is saved through your iCloud Account.
- Notability: Open the Notability App > Tap the gear on the bottom left corner > Go to iCloud > iCloud syncing and see if that is turned on/Blue
Once you have checked to see if your data has been saved, make sure to turn off the Find my iPad Feature in the Settings App on the device. Please remember which Apple ID you are sign in on the device as well. The Apple ID is linked to your Notability, Books and Photos.
On the device, do one of the following:
- iOS 13 or iPadOS: Go to Settings > [your name] > Find My, then turn off Find My [device]. Enter your Apple ID password, then tap Turn Off.
- iOS 12 or earlier: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, then turn off Find My [device]. Enter your Apple ID password, then tap Turn Off.
This support article has been included on how to perform the restore:
The restore takes about 10-45 minutes, and the setup will take about another 10 minutes. You will also need your Phone or another device that has your Apple ID signed into it as well. When the restore is complete you will see the Hello Screen.
Click on your preferred Language > United States > iSet Up Manually > Select your wifi and enter the password > Next > Enter your Mitty Username (JaneAppleseed23) and the Mitty password that was provided to you when you first enrolled. > Choose either Light or Dark view then Continue.
From here all of your Apps will begin to load. You will also be prompted to sign in to your Mitty e-mail and create a passcode for your device. Once that has been completed, sign into your iCloud Account:
- Go to Settings > Sign in to your iPad > Enter your Apple ID password. You will receive a 6 digit passcode to login to your account. It's also possible that the account may be linked with your parents phone number.
Please sign in to leave a comment.