Canvas often requires the use of cross-site tracking, also known as 3rd party cookies. See below for how to enable this function in various browsers.
To enable cross-site tracking using Chrome:
- On your computer, open the Chrome browser
- At the top right, you will see a button with 3 small dots (or it can be an upward facing arrow if an update is available) - Click this button, then scroll down to "Settings"
- Under "Privacy and Security," click "cookies and other site data"
- Click the "Do not track" request with your browsing traffic to the "On" position
To enable cross-site tracking using Firefox:
- At the top right, you will press the button that has 3 horizontal lines
- Select "Privacy Protections"
- Under "Enhanced Tracking Protection," press the gear symbol that is likely defaulted to "protection level is set to Standard"
- Scroll down to the "Send websites a Do Not Track" signal that you don't want to be tracked"
- Toggle the radio button to "Only when Firefox is set to block known trackers"
To enable cross-site tracking on Safari for macOS:
- Open the Safari browser, click "Preferences" in the Safari settings
- Click the "Privacy" option
- On the "Website tracking" option, remove the check mark to "Prevent cross-site tracking"
To enable cross-site tracking on iOS and iPadOS:
- Go to the phones core settings
- Navigate to the "Safari"
- Scroll down to the "Privacy & Security" section
- Toggle the "Prevent Cross-Site Tracking" option to the off position
To enable cross-site tracking on for Android:
- Using the Android device, open the Chrome app
- To the right of the address bar, tap More > Settings
- Under "Advanced," tap "Privacy"
- Tap "Do Not Track"
- Toggle this setting on
Please sign in to leave a comment.